To support students in achieving success in the three pillars of scholarship and applied learning, campus involvement and leadership, and professional development, the Albert Engineering Leadership Scholars Program provides students with the following:
- An annual renewable merit scholarship, including tuition, fees, room and board ($19,000 a year)
- Membership in the University Honors Program.
- Automatic acceptance into the Engineering Leadership Academy.
- Up to $6,000 professional development allowance for an undergraduate summer research experience or internship. Internships may be available based on mutual need and consent.
- Opportunity to earn Engineering Honors through the multidisciplinary Senior Design Project team during the senior year.
- Research and student development opportunities (e.g., conduct research with a faculty member during a summer or academic semester; present at a research conference such as Charlotte Research Scholars summer conference; career coaching and mentoring from faculty and staff with expertise in Engineering).
- Admittance to special lectures conducted by national and community leaders.
- Priority registration.
- Housing in Levine Hall with students from other honors programs and merit scholars.
Admission and Eligibility
- Applicants must be incoming first-year students being considered for full-time enrollment at UNC Charlotte in a baccalaureate program offered by The William States Lees College of Engineering for the fall term immediately following high school graduation
- Applicants must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents.
- Applicants must hold an outstanding academic record of consistently advanced coursework, have had prior experiences which reflect ethical leadership and individual development, and demonstrate a commitment to community service.
- Preference given to students with an unweighted HS GPA = 3.50-4.00 OR weighted HS GPA = 3.80-5.00 AND SAT = 1320/1600 OR ACT 28/26
- Applicants will also be expected to submit a Resume, 2 Academic Recomendations, a Leadership Recomendation, and 2 Honors Essays.
- Demonstrated alignment with mission and objectives of the University Honors Program: uhp.uncc.edu
How to Apply:
|November 1, 2017||Early action deadline to apply to UNC Charlotte to be considered for the Albert Engineering Leadership Scholars Program and University Honors Program|
December 1, 2017
Deadline to apply for the Albert Engineering Leadership Scholars Program and University Honors Program through the University Scholarship Office
|Februrary 1, 2018||Albert Engineering Leadership Scholars Program finalists will be notified|
|February/Early March||Albert Engineering Leadership Scholars Program finalist Skype interviews|
|March 15, 2018||Albert Engineering Leadership Scholars Program offers extended|