The Albert Engineering Leadership Scholars program is designed to attract and retaining the best and brightest engineering students. Albert Scholars are provided with the following benefits in support of scholarship and applied learning objectives:
- An annual renewable merit scholarship, including tuition, fees, room and board ($19,000 a year)
- Internships based on mutual need and consent.
- Opportunities to conduct research and present at a research conference.
Campus Life & Leadership
Because of the rigor of an engineering degree, Albert Scholars are provided additional resources to help ensure their success during the first two years of the academic program. Albert Scholars arrive on campus with advanced standing and automatically qualify for several programs designed to increase success and cultivate leadership skills.
- Automatic acceptance into the Leadership Academy after the first or second year and spanning two years.
- Participation in the University Honors Program during all four years
Experiences in the Albert Engineering Program and Leadership Academy provide Albert Scholars multiple opportunities to develop academically. In addition to these programs, Albert Scholars are provided a professional development of up to $6,000 after the first year which may be used for an internship.
In the senior year, Albert Scholars students will also have the opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary Senior Design Project team. Many of these teams are supported by industry, both financially and through the provision of a project mentor. The Senior Design experience is a key capstone to the engineering curriculum as it unites the theoretical and applied principles learned in the classroom all while incorporating project management skills. Albert Scholars have the option of earning Engineering Honors through the senior design honors project, thereby graduating with dual honors.